Nov 23, 2012

November Monthly Pack Creations

I'm just loving seeing what the girls are doing with this pack, there is just so much variety in their layouts, and that is always so inspiring.  I hope you are finding time to play with yours.  Please scroll on down and see what we have to share today.
Fascination by Claire Apostoloff (CT)
I swiped the base with old rose vintage ink to add a bit of colour.   
I fussy cut a couple of flourishes from the patterned paper and based the layout around those. For the flowers I used a flower punch - layered them, swiped them in different vintage inks and added some bling. I fussy cut some of the roses from the patterned paper and layered these with the flowers on top of the flourishes.
The edges of the patterned papers have been lightly distressed and swiped with ink as have the foam letters. I have also outlined them in a brown marker to give them some definition.
Great layout Claire, having boys I just love these papers as they make it all that bit easier to work a theme with.  Having said that, see what you can do for the girls below as well!
Miss Blue Eyes by Deb Pulford (CT)
I heavily distressed the edges of the background patterned paper, not worrying at all if I tore the paper. I distressed all other patterned paper edges and applied Versa Colour ink in Old Rose. I printed a large square picture and mounted on the brown paper. I misted both the Thickers and the HMD flower with Burnt Red Glimmer Mist.  Love the effect of your layout Deb, great choice of colour for inking and misting.  Love that "windswept" look too, great photo, well done Deb.
Monthly Pack Card by Claire Apostoloff (CT)
I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the Kraft base and two Nestabilities dies.  Each of the die cuts has been inked with distress ink. The flowers have been made using Nestabilities dies and the centres have been filled with Kindy Glitz.

Great work girls, thanks for sharing.

Janet

5 comments:

Claire said...

What a gorgeous photo Deb - absolutely perfect for these papers...lovely distressing and your flower looks great misted in that pinky red!

Anita Bownds said...

Wow Claire totally lovely,love the little flowers..

Deb great layout,Lovin that photo...

Deb said...

Gorgeous card Claire - love those beautiful blue flowers

Deb ♥

Deb said...

Oops, missed your layout Claire - my bad!! Loving the fussy cutting and those gorgeous layered blue flowers. Seems we both chose the same colour ink to use :)

Deb ♥

Sal said...

Claire...Love the softness of this LO. I struggle to get my head around flowers on a boy page but you have done it perfectly. The card looks sensational too.
Deb...Beautiful pic and great shabby LO. Awesome work.