Jul 17, 2012

June/July Sketch Layouts

Here are some more layouts for the Sketch Challenge.
Mum's Photo Shoot by Claire Apostoloff (CT)
The canvas stickers are Basic Grey and the hearts are cut from some lace paper, which I've painted red.  Lastly, I've sponged some red ink around the edges of the layout.
I've used a Nestability die to cut the hearts from some Crate Paper and did some faux stitching around the edges with a white marker. I painted some corrugated card with some gesso and covered it with a transparency by MME. The leaves have been decorated with a bit of bling. I've stitched down the centre of the hearts and added some twine which I've looped and stapled to the layout.
Go Pony Go! by Sarie Los
Sarie has used many different elements to put her sketch together. The combination of patterned paper to show the sky and the trees is great for the layout's theme, and the fences are handcut.
This is a great shot of the Pony cutting loose. The patchwork has been machine stitched, and the flourished pattern is little horseshoes. Well done Sarie.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Gorgeous sketch layout Claire. Love the stitched hearts border and the corrugated card. Gorgeous pics too.

Sarie, love your horse pics and the your handcut fence is fabulous. Great sketch layout

Deb ♥

Anita Bownds said...

wow great page Claire love all the stitching and the stapled twine...


oh fantastic layout Sarie totally love your photos..

Claire said...

Lovely interpretation of the sketch Sarie - the sprinkling of the horseshoes is a great idea!

Sarie Los said...

Thanks everyone :)
I love these pics and was tossing up between this set and another but I'm glad I used these as they suited the layout better. Thanks for the inspiration Zan and Anita!

Claire, the horseshoes were one of those great ideas that you have that turn out to be much harder than expected! I love all the stitching in your layout and the hearts border is really lovely.