Jul 21, 2012

A Little More Authentique....

Mitch's Cheesy Grin by Deb Pulford (CT)
Firstly, I printed the pic and placed it on the background cardstock. Next, I ruled the lines for the sunburst pattern, adjusting all the time to get the look right. When I was happy with the layout, I placed the layout on top of the patterned paper that I wanted to use, and pierced holes where I wanted to make the cut to fit the shape.  That was the time consuming bit!  I added from the Monthly Pack kit the sticker strip of text, some bare chippie alphas, 2 flower buttons and the pearl pin, and a piece of the blue ribbon.

I have to admit that this is my absolute fave layout of this year so far, those Authentique patterned paper's are the best. Yes, looks great Deb with all those different patterned papers.  The hues really suit the b&w photo of Mitch too.  Well done Deb.
Cronulla Beach by Nicole Mcnamara
With these papers I couldn’t go past beach photos and decided to make a beach scene. Unfortunately the details of it don’t show up so well in the photo.  I also used white ink in the sky to make subtle clouds.
I did a bit of paper piecing with the sand castle and kite, and inked all the edges in the sand section to help them be seen.
I have also torn the water patterned papers to make them appear more like waves.
Caitlin by Beth Metcalf
Beth has used a patchwork of colour and patterns to form the background of her layout.  In addition to this, she has also embossed the squares, adding ink and glitter to some to give more definition.  The ribbon with it's small bow adds a nice soft touch.
Tiny paper flowers with pearl brad centers and light inking adorn the photo.  The patterned paper squares are inked around the edges as well.

Well done everyone, a great mix of inspiration.

4 comments:

Claire said...

I reckon you've got way more patience than I have Deb - that sunburst background must have taken forever. But, oh so worth it - it looks great!
Nicole there are so many lovely details and techniques on your layout - the sandcastle and footprints look fantastic, as do the waves. Oh how I miss Cronulla Beach...(we used to live near there)
Love all your embossed and inked squares Beth - such a simple idea but it's so effective and looks lovely with the black and white photo

Deb said...

Nicole, your pack layout is rocking!! Your waves and sand dunes are sensational. In fact - the whole layout is awesome. Well done

Beth, love how you have embossed and inked the cardstock to match with the pp pattern - very clever :) Gorgeous layout.

Deb ♥

Anita Bownds said...

Wow Nicole your page looks amazing,love the sand and the waves...

Totally fantastic page,love all the layers ,embossing and inking looks great...

Anita Bownds said...

Great sunburst layout deb,love the photo in the middle...