Jun 28, 2012

ScrapBursts - rolling into the last week

We are now on the count down for the ScrapBursts everyone, Pumpkin Time June 30th is when it all ends!  Keep them coming, you still have ............ a bit of Pumpkin Time left!  Now lets see what we to share with you all today.
Country Life by Anita Bownds (CT)
SB #2 Bunting & A Tree
I created a border around my cardstock with strips of patterned paper I cut a design from one of the patterned papers and distressed the edges
I found a chipboard tree in my stash and added some of Scrapville lovely MHC flowers to it. And the cute little butterflies were cut from a lovely piece of Scrapville's lace trim.
Then I matted my photo on patterned paper, distressed the edges and cut out a scalloped border to go beneath my photo. I added a strip of lace trim to the top of my bunting. I punched a border edge then added a little bit of purple ink.
You have made a scenic B&W photo look stunning with this layout Anita. I love how it has all come together, and the message is clear, Country Life really is beautiful. Well done.

Grrrrr by Kylie gW
SB #3 Handmade (Flowers, Frames, Title R's..)
Something you will always find on Kylie's layouts is a bit of doodling.  As you can see she has used pens to cleverly decorate her photo frames and flowers.  A really great sequence of photos seems to tie it all together.  Well done Kylie.
Nostalgia by Debi Clark
SB #3 Handmade (Flowers: Tissue, Lace & Frame)
Debi has used the rustic tones in her patterned papers, mixed with corrugated card, tags, tissue paper and felt to bring her Nostalgic layout together.  Torn edges give it a rustic feel.
The handmade items are the tissue flowers, patterned paper flowers, lace flower, photo frame and journaling. Well done Debi.
My Cait by Delsie Mowbray
SB #1 Kraft & 2 (White & Pink)
Delsie has used a white background for her layout, with lots of pink and white flowers.  The gorgeous frame has been layered and mounted up, with the addition of  pearls for definition.
The flowers are adorned with punched out Kraft leaves, bling flowers and flower centres. The pink organza ribbon on the edge of the frame lends it to a girly softness, tieing in beautifully with the very girly page. A great take on the Kraft & 2 Deslie.
Across The Road by Sarie Los
SB #2 Bunting & A Tree
Sarie has used some punching, cutting and sketching to put her layout together. The layered leaves add dimension with their serrated edging and mix of colours. The title layered onto the bunting is creatively strung between the two trees, behind which is replicated the heritage building with fussy cutting and doodling. Well done Sarie.
In the EYE of the Beholder by Judy Laracy
SB #4 Wordplay - Eyes
I'm just loving this photo, how awesome is that? It needs very little else, and Judy has kept it simple with two more photos of the subject and his master. The colour tones are complimentary, and the mounted punchies and main title add dimension. Well done Judy.
Look into my Eyes by Sarie Los
SB #4 Wordplay - Eyes
Well they are a bit mesmerising aren't they? I'm just not sure which eyes to look into though! Great play on the challenge Sarie, love the photo and the eyes, and the painted spiral effect behind the photo.
Eye Sight by Debi Clark
SB #4 Wordplay - Eyes
Full Title: I Miss My Good EyeSight - My 20/20 Vision.
And people wonder why we walk around patting ourselves on the head - or is that just me?  I so agree Debi.  The spattering of misting on your background paper blends nicely with the flower cutouts.  Separating the petals on your big flower is a great idea, and works well with layering the flowers.  Your ruffle and pearl strip adds a nice tone to the colours.  Well done Debi.
A closer look at the fussy cutting, hand made tissue flower and altered petals.  Great colours.

Aren't we just seeing some great ScrapBursts?  I am so pleased with everyone's challenges.  I look forward to sharing the last of the challenges before the dreaded pumpkin strikes!

Janet

3 comments:

DebiJ said...

What amazing LO's here - I am in awe...loved Deslie's page...so feminine!

Sarie Los said...

I have finally got organised so I can comment! I love the colours you have used Anita, I think I'll definitely be using these in a card! Delsie your layout is gorgeous and I now have a great idea for using up all the extra leaves I punched for my trees. Judy that photo is brilliant and I love the border down the bottom.

Anita Bownds said...

Kylie Wow love you fun layout,the doOdling looks fantastic..

Debi your layou look great with all the layers of patterned paper,love all the hand made flowers..

Dessie Wow your layout is so pretty ,absolutely love how you have placed the flowers and the colors look amazing..

Sarie fantastic layout absolutely love your trees and bunting they look great..

Judy lovely layout of your dog fantastic title too great job.?.

Sarie love your layout of your dog totally lovely photo and The frames..great layout

Debi wow love all the half cut flowers they look great and all the fussy cutting and layEring..great layout