Jun 4, 2012

First June Burst!

Hi Everyone, are you ready for the first of our ScrapBurst layouts?  We're off and running, so get on board and see what you can come up with.  Today we're sharing a couple of layouts from the Creative Team, and TennaBugs, so enjoy the inspiration.
SCRAPBURSTS
Beach Buddies by Claire Apostoloff (CT)
SB#1 - Kraft + 2 (Red & Blue)
Here's my first Scrapburst using Red and Blue. I've used a Studio Calico mask with Glimmer Mist.  I made the pinwheels from MME papers and stamped around the edges of the layout. 
 
The photos are framed inside circles cut from Nestability dies. The title has been stenciled, using red and blue markers, then coloured in with royal blue paint.
I've also stamped the background with some swirls using a Techinique Tuesday stamp and Versamark. Claire.
I love the simplicity of your layout Claire, the brightness, the fun!  The random misting and stamping looks great, as do those lovely Nestabilities.  Well done.
Jerry by Anita Bownds (CT)
SB#1 - Kraft + 2 (Green & Brown)
Then I used a background stamp and lightly stamped it a few times on my cardstock. I chose to use techniques such as Stamping and Distressing on my layout. I have also fussy cut the zigzag patterns from my paper. The frames behind the photo have been distressed along the edges to tie in with Jerry's Rugged Look! (..says Janet!)
For the leaves under my handmade paper flower I used 3D Kindy Glitz to draw the leaves.
I used a Papercraft border stamp and stamped it around the edge of my cardstock.  Anita.
The Houndstooth pattern has worked well with your chosen colours and subject Anita, well done.
 Look at Me by TeenaBug
SB#2 - Bunting & A Tree
"That extreme closeup  is of my baby boy Jesse when he lost his first tooth......he's quite the ham and full of personality!  Everything here is from MME with the exception of the twine, ribbon and my alphas.  I used these fun yellow Thickers for the title and did the journaling in Cosmo Cricket tiny type."
The Bunting is at the top of the photo and the tiny trees are in the patterned paper behind the photo, so it's all good.  Well done TeenaBug, thanks for playing!

Janet

5 comments:

Anita Bownds said...

Fantastic layout Claire,love all that red and blue ,fab photos too...

TeenaBug great layout love the colours you have used,awesome photo too...

hugs Anita..xx

Zan said...

All fantastic work girls... makes me wanna start on my scrapburst RIGHT now.
Zan

Sal said...

WOW! Claire-blue & red look sensational with kraft. What a fun LO!
Anita-great borders!
TeenaBug-awesome pic! Love the colours and papers!

Claire said...

All that earthy green and brown together on the Kraft looks great Anita and the leaves are fantastic...I"ve been wondering what to do with my bottle of brown 3D Kindyglitz! Teena - love how you got the trees in by using the patterned paper and your windmill looks fab. I'm expecting a pic of my first boy looking like that soon - he's just got his first tooth wobble too!

Deb said...

Claire, great colour choice with the Kraft. Love your pinwheels and the stamping.

Love your choice of colours too Anita. Your leaves are fabulous - i thought they were stitched until I read the description :)

Teena - I love your layout. The colour scheme is so fresh and vibrant - really goes with the uber closeup pic :) total sensatinal layout

Deb ♥