May 14, 2011

Creative Team Guest

It's time for another announcement from Scrapville, so I thought I would update you all with the introduction of another Guest to the Creative Team.   With such a busy life these days Scrapville has been lucky enough to rotate a couple of girls month about.  This enables us to inspire you with a variety of their work and styles.  The Creative Team would like to join me in introducing Sarah Wood as our newest Guest  Member.

Firstly, I would like you all to admire some of Sarah's latest layouts and cards using the May Monthly Pack, with the wonderful Pebbles "Happy Go Lucky" range.  With time to beat the Pumpkin, we also have a layout from the April/May Sketch.  When you've had a look at her lovely work, please read on below to learn a little more about Sarah, and feel free to leave a welcoming comment!  We like comments!!

Smile by Sarah Wood (Guest CT)
 Lovely use of the colours at the border, and bursting with colour also to tie in with the flowers and circles and birdies around the photo. The Ric Rac has added a nice touch to balance it out too.
 
Detail of Sarah's rolled paper, fussy cutting and layering.
The bling on the heart chain adds a nice touch, along with the pinched flower.

Laughter by Sarah Wood (Guest CT)
Sarah has used the Pebbles stickers to add the title frame and flower stem, then added some cutting and mounting, and a touch of bling to the border.

That Face by Sarah Wood (Guest CT)
  Once again Sarah has used bursts of colour on her Sketch Layout. She has also covered the title in coordinating papers, glittered and 3D'd the butterflies to give them a bit of "dance".  But who's looking at the butterflies, I'm wondering what "That Face" is all about??...
 Detail of Sarah's fluttering butterflies using embroidery thread to make the flight chain. A nice way to give movement to a layout with the thread being sat up off the page in places.

And now, let's get to know Sarah..............................

Name: Sarah Wood

I live: Myrtleford, North East Victoria.

I have been scrapbooking and/or card making for: About 2 to 3 years.

The type of style I like is:  Mostly fussy cutting and layering, but I don't really think I fit into a particular style yet.

The colours I love to work with are: It depends on what type of colour is in the photo as to what colours I choose to work with.

The products I love to work with are: Papers!  There is so much you can do with a pair of scissors and a piece of paper.

My favorite patterned papers are: I don't have a particular favourite at the moment, I just love all patterned papers!

I people I love to scrap most are: My kids.
I scrap at: Mostly at home.

I attend Retreats each year: With friends on the odd weekend away.

I am excited to be a Guest on the Scrapville Creative Team because: It is nice to be able to share your work with others and be a part of the Creative Team.

Once again I welcome Sarah to the Team, and look forward to sharing her wonderful work with you all.

Janet

3 comments:

Michelle Rogers said...

Gorgeous work as usual Sarah, love the colours.. Welcome to the Team..
Michelle

Sam said...

Lovely work Sarah, I love how the little birdies look loke they are on a branch with the use of the ric rac. Welcome to the team, I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous work:)

Sal said...

Welcome aboard Sarah. It's always good to see a fresh new face and new inspiration never goes astray. Hope you enjoy your time aboard the Scrapville Express!!!