Nov 30, 2010

Birthday Sale Goes On..

Hi Everyone,
well what a wonderful day we had at Birthday Sale!  The weather was not behaving terribly well, but it was still a good day.  All the Creative Team girls were there Fluffing and Flitting about, chatting with the customers and ready to strut their stuff at the Demo Table...!  It was noted, however, that considerable Fluffing was coming from the direction of the Blokey Man, who found it necessary to question the capabilities of the Scrapville visitors to juggle their housework with their scrapping!!  ...now didn't that go down a treat?!!  There's quite possibly a good reason why he spends a considerable amount of time in that truck!

When the Fluffing is all said and done, it seems there is still discounts to be had!  Scrapville is extending the Birthday Sale through to Saturday, so if you didn't get down to grab a bargain, well now's your chance!  All items marked down will remain so until close of business on Saturday.  I am picturing brown boxes coming through the door...... but first I need to make room!!

During Birthday Sale we had everyone fill in an entry for the Lucky Door Prize.  The good news about this Prize is ............ there's THREE!  I'd like to congratulate the following three people who were drawn respectively from the Lucky Door Prize bag.  I look forward to seeing you again when you call into Scrapville to collect your Prize.  Congratulations once again to:
  1. Sarah Thompson
  2. Paula Draper
  3. Sue Slater
Don't forget to call in and pick up a raffle ticket for the Scrapbooking Tote up for grabs.  It will certainly make light work of carting all your stash around when you are heading off with the girls scrapping!  This will be drawn at the conclusion of the Birthday Sale, so be sure to pop in and grab a ticket.

Last but not least, I would like to thank everyone for popping into Scrapville to say Hello - to Myself and The Team.  It has been an awesome year, I have met so many wonderful people from Scrappers to Card Makers to Artists and Quilters and Off the Pagers.  To those that travel far and wide and still stop in, it really has been wonderful getting to know you all.  To all those people, a big HELLO to the LITTLE people who often come along with them and help me draw pictures at the front counter, I hope I'm getting better!  A few steps ahead of the Little people are the bigger KidsVille people.  They have come along to classes and taught me the finer part of power scrapping and how to add LOTS to my pages!  They give me big smiles and put my patience in it's place...

To Allana, who has supported me with her Retail Recovery so that I can do that back office stuff.  She has been dedicated, compassionate and driven by passion.  I have appreciated your input and assistance.
To my Team:
  • Melinda: from Friendship to Beyond................from far, far, far away!  I have enjoyed having you along for the ride, and thank you for your support and friendship, and sharing your wonderfully beautiful passion through your work.
  • Sally: for always being there...................from far, far, far-er away! (I don't know if that's a word, but it darn well should be!!)  For all you are and will always be to me, for sharing your many selfless talents.
  • Marg: for trusting the ride you were about to make into unknown territory........we made it!!....go figure?  I love everything you do, and I look forward to seeing each and every challenge you take.  Thanks for your support.
  • Heather: from scrapping to avid Blogger, her creativity grows!  Your work is so refreshing, your colours exciting, and I thank you for bringing that kind of inspiration to everyone.
  • Former Guest: Anthea English: Thank you for coming on board as one of Scrapville's Guests and sharing your wonderful styles.  A little different, and a little adventurous - awesome!
To My Family: ............oh just suck it up, I'll be home soon!!!  They get that a lot, so I guess I should be thanking them for being patient, supportive, putting in the hard yards at the shop and least of all eating Blokey Man's cooking... We do what we must...  Really..........we must!  Actually they have put up with a lot of late arrivals and phone calls, and helped out where no man should be seen by their mates - amongst flowers and small bags, so for that I thank them all dearly!  It has indeed been a long haul, and they too have been there for the ride.

And on that note I'll finish my Thank You book sign off.  I am truly looking forward to all that next year brings, and I hope you will all join me for the ride!

Janet

1 comment:

Anthea said...

Awwww - thanks for thinking of me....you are very welcome. It was a privilege to be part of such a wonderful team. Thankyou. xox